This dish is a frequent guest at the festive tables; it has earned its popularity due to its delicate taste and beautiful appearance. Mimosa can be made even by a novice cook, however, in order for a salad to be successful, you need to know about the secrets and subtleties of its preparation.
How to make Mimosa salad
A huge role in the formation of the flavoring bouquet of this dish is played by mayonnaise, with which all layers of the salad are smeared. You should choose a thick product with a high percentage of fat content, since low-calorie mayonnaises differ in taste and can ruin Mimosa. Another important point is the use for the preparation of a fine-grained grater. Since the peculiarity of the dish is the variety of flavors, the products must be crushed so that all layers simultaneously fall into the mouth. The following describes the preparation of Mimosa salad.
Layers in order
The classic version of fish salad does not include any exotic fruits. Prepare the dish using fresh onions, canned fish, egg yolks, herbs, cheese. Some recipes include the addition of other ingredients, such as rice or apples. Whatever the composition of Mimosa, experienced chefs know that the most important aspect in the preparation of salad is the correct alternation of layers. Here's the sequence to follow:
- The potato is rubbed finely and laid on the bottom of the dishes. At the same time, it is not necessary to ram it - the layer should remain airy. Potatoes are smeared with mayonnaise.
- Canned food, crushed with a fork, is laid out on the potatoes. Previously, bones are removed from the fish.
- Red onions are cut very finely and placed on pink salmon / salmon / saury. If you use a regular white onion, it should be soaked for 5 minutes in vinegar to remove excess bitterness. The layer is smeared with mayonnaise.
- Boiled potatoes are evenly distributed over the dish, on top it is smeared with mayonnaise.
- Grated carrots are added next. Top it moisturize with mayonnaise.
- The egg whites rub or crush with a fork, the resulting mass covers the surface of Mimosa, pouring mayonnaise on top of the layer.
- The final stage is salad dressing, for which, as a rule, egg yolks and greens are used.
Mimosa Salad Recipes
Modern interpretations of this dish surprise with their original solutions. Some housewives add to the salad, in addition to the main components, sour apples, walnuts, butter, rice, etc. Regardless of which set of ingredients you use, it is important that all products have the same temperature and are fresh. Below are the different options for making a delicious salad with a photo.
Traditionally, the dish is made from eggs, canned goods, cheese, onions, butter, greens. At the same time, Mimosa classic looks great on any table: not only everyday, but also solemn. During cooking, you need to pay attention to thoroughly chopping products and the proper laying of layers of salad. In this case, it is better to take a transparent deep plate, through the walls of which multi-colored layers of Mimosa will be visible.
- fat mayonnaise - 200 ml;
- eggs - 6 pcs.;
- onion - 3 pcs.;
- Russian / Dutch cheese - 150 g;
- canned tuna / saury / salmon - 1 b.;
- frozen butter - 100 g;
- Boiled, peeled eggs should be divided into yolks and proteins. The former warm up with a fork, the latter rub finely.
- Onions finely chopped with a knife, doused with hot water.
- Finely chop the greens, leaving a couple of twigs to decorate the salad.
- Cheese should be grated on a fine grater.
- Canned fish is kneading with a fork, then the main part of the oil is drained.
- Prepared ingredients (proteins, cheese, fish, onions, ½ yolks, greens, grated butter, ½ yolks) are placed in a clean dry container, sandwiched with mayonnaise. Mimosa is placed in the refrigerator for half an hour, after which it can be eaten.
Canned saury is one of the best options for canned fish for making Mimosa. This fish is very tasty, it harmonizes with each component of the dish, making it piquant and tender. In this version of the preparation of the salad, the addition of vegetables is provided: potatoes, carrots, thanks to which it turns out not only nutritious, but also useful. Below is a step-by-step recipe for Mimosa with saury with a photo.
- carrot - 3 pcs.;
- can of saury;
- vinegar - 1/2 tsp;
- medium onion - 1 pc.;
- eggs - 6 pcs.;
- high fat mayonnaise - 1 tbsp .;
- potatoes - 300 g;
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- Boil carrots, potatoes, eggs, peel, cool.
- Pickle finely chopped onions with vinegar, sugar, salt (1 tsp.). After 15 minutes, rinse with water.
- Remove the oil from the jar of saury, place the fish in a salad bowl and mash with a fork. Coat the first layer with mayonnaise.
- Grate the egg whites on top of the fish, coat the salad again with mayonnaise.
- Finely grate carrots, place on eggs in a salad bowl, add a little mayonnaise.
- Next, lay onions, grated potatoes, after which the products are again flavored with mayonnaise.
- The final layer of Mimosa is crushed yolks.
This version of the dish does not provide for the presence of eggs, instead of them two types of cheese are put in the salad, due to which it turns out to be unusual, but, nevertheless, very tasty. The finished product can be decorated with olives, half rings of tomatoes, herbs, nickels of pickles or other ingredients. Below is a Mimosa recipe with cheese, which every housewife should try to make.
- onion - 2 pcs.;
- Cheddar cheese or Russian - 100 g;
- frozen processed cheese - 1 pc.;
- potato - 2 pcs.;
- canned fish - 1 b.;
- mayonnaise - 200 ml.
- Boil potatoes, peel, grate finely.
- Onions are chopped, sprinkled with salt, poured with hot water and infused for 10-15 minutes. After the water is drained.
- Canned food is kneaded in a separate bowl.
- The frozen cheese is triturated finely, after which it is laid out in a transparent salad bowl, greased with mayonnaise on top.
- Next, a layer of fish and onion is laid out, again the salad is smeared with mayonnaise.
- The next is the potato layer and mayonnaise.
- At the end of cooking, cheese is rubbed on the dish. Mimosa is decorated with greens.
The proposed recipe combines a delicate texture of finely grated products and a rich fish flavor, which is given to the dish by canned pink salmon, saury or mackerel. This cooking option is very satisfying thanks to rice. Serve the dish immediately, otherwise the salad will lose its original airiness. Below is a step by step and with a photo described Mimosa recipe with rice.
- Tilsiter cheese / Gouda / Poshekhonsky - 150 g;
- boiled eggs - 6 pcs.;
- frozen butter - 0.1 kg;
- a can of salmon, tuna or saury;
- long-grain rice - 1 tbsp .;
- mayonnaise - up to 200 g;
- Separate the yolks and squirrels. Chop the last very finely, the yolks can be mashed with a fork.
- Boil rice, add 1 tbsp. l oils and mayonnaise, spices, salt.
- Rub onion, pour over boiling water or pickle in vinegar, then rinse the product with water.
- Cheese is rubbed (preferably finely).
- Mash canned fish with a fork, taking out the bones.
- Start spreading layers of salad: ½ fish, rice, grated cheese, mayonnaise, proteins, the rest of the fish, onions, mayonnaise, ½ yolks, grated butter, the remaining yolks.
With pink salmon
As a rule, this dish is prepared on the occasion of the holidays, but they can pamper their family without any special reason. For cooking, use tuna, saury or other fish, but Mimosa with canned pink salmon, according to many chefs, is tastier. The calorie content of this dish is about 180-185 kcal, so after eating only 100 grams of the product, you can get enough for a long time.
- pink salmon in its juice - 1 b.;
- potato - 3 pcs.;
- mayonnaise - up to 200 ml;
- carrot - 3 pcs.;
- eggs - 4 pcs.
- Boil potatoes, carrots, eggs, peel the ingredients. Rub them on a fine grater.
- Chop the onion, pour over boiling water.
- Drain the liquid from the can with canned food, mash the pink salmon with a fork.
- Rub egg whites separately from yolks.
- Lay out the Mimosa components in the following sequence: pink salmon, onions, mayonnaise, potatoes, a little salt, mayonnaise, carrots, mayonnaise, proteins, mayonnaise, yolks, greens.
Unlike the classic recipe, which you will not surprise anyone already, this original version of the salad preparation will be very popular with the guests and will serve as a worthy decoration of the solemn table. Apples bring light sweetness and sourness to the dish, which will be appreciated by gourmets. If desired, canned foods are replaced by hot-smoked fish or slightly salted salmon. How to cook Mimosa salad with apple?
- sweet and sour apple;
- mayonnaise - 1 tbsp .;
- large potatoes - 2 pcs.;
- pink salmon or other hot smoked fish - 350 g;
- white onion;
- boiled eggs - 6 pcs.
- Grate potatoes, divide eggs into yolks / squirrels. In separate containers, mash both egg parts with a fork.
- Chop the onion finely, scald with boiling water.
- Disassemble the fish into slices, removing the bones, mash with a fork.
- Lay the dish in layers, starting with ½ prepared potatoes. After comes the fish, onions, mayonnaise.
- Next, put in a salad bowl ½ protein, the remainder of potatoes, fish.
- Peel an apple, grate it on fish, and coat with mayonnaise. Put the rest of the proteins on top, grease them with mayonnaise, and squeeze egg yolks.
A dish with canned tuna comes out very tender and piquant, so this recipe is very popular. It is very simple to prepare a salad, it only takes 20 minutes, but you will get incomparably more pleasure from the applied efforts. How to prepare Mimosa salad with tuna? Below is a step-by-step description of the preparation.
- bulb white / red;
- boiled potatoes - 3 pcs.;
- tuna in the jar;
- boiled eggs - 4 pcs.;
- fat mayonnaise - 6 tbsp. l .;
- boiled large carrots - 2 pcs.
- Chop the onion into small cubes, and peel all the boiled ingredients.
- Rub the proteins coarsely, all other foods finely. You need to crush the fish right in the jar with a fork.
- Fill a deep plate in the following order: potato, mayonnaise, fish, onions, mayonnaise, protein, mayonnaise, carrot, mayonnaise, yolks, greens.
In pita bread
An interesting, satisfying and unusual dinner will be Mimosa roll from pita bread. You can cook it not only with fish, but also with boiled chicken fillet, passed through a meat grinder, however, a dish made with the addition of tuna or saury has a more saturated and bright taste. A simple step-by-step recipe allows you to quickly prepare an original snack. You can experiment by adding the specified list of components with other products.
- canned sardine / saury / tuna - 1 b.;
- sour cream 20% - 130 ml;
- thin pita bread - 3 pcs.;
- Russian cheese / gouda - up to 200 g;
- eggs - 3 pcs.;
- medium fat mayonnaise - 130 ml;
- green onion, dill - 1 bunch.
- First you need to make the sauce by mixing mayonnaise with sour cream.
- Pita bread is laid out on the table, slightly lubricating their surface with the finished sauce.
- Top 1 grated pita bread with grated eggs, then greens.
- On the second lavash they put canned mashed potatoes, greens and also roll the roll.
- The first pita bread is placed on the edge of the second, after which they roll the roll.
- Grated cheese, greens are spread on the third base. A ready-made roll is placed on the edge of this pita bread and folded again.
- The resulting roll is carefully wrapped in foil and refrigerated for 3-5 hours. Serve the appetizer by cutting it into portions.
This is one of the traditional options for preparing dishes for the festive table. Its advantages are high speed, ease of cooking and excellent taste. Mimosa with butter and cheese has a high calorie content and nutritional value, so it is better to refrain from such a dish for people who are trying to lose weight. To let the salad come out tender, the frozen butter is rubbed and used for the middle layer. How to cook Mimosa?
- Dutch / Russian cheese - 150 g;
- green onions - 50 g;
- any canned fish - 1 b.;
- frozen butter - 80 g;
- mayonnaise - 1 pack
- Mash canned food, rub the cheese finely, divide the boiled eggs into yolks / proteins, chop them in separate plates.
- Put the cheese in a deep salad bowl, then the fish, slightly sprinkle the ingredients with mayonnaise.
- Put the squirrels and green onions on top, then again make the mayonnaise layer.
- After a layer of crushed yolks, moisten the salad with mayonnaise. Rub the oil on top and pour the mayonnaise on the products again.
- Decorate the top of Mimosa with 1 crushed yolk and greens.
With cod liver
Due to the high content of vitamins, calcium and other valuable elements in the cod liver, this product is one of the most useful. Its second big advantage is easy digestibility by the body. Mimosa salad with cod liver, in addition to its benefits and lightness, has a very delicate, pleasant taste, so even small children eat it with pleasure.
- fresh greens;
- medium fat mayonnaise - 150 ml;
- boiled potatoes - 3 pcs.;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- large red onion;
- boiled eggs - 4 pcs.;
- cod liver - 1 b.
- The peeled onion is chopped finely, after which it is poured with boiling water to remove excess bitterness.
- The cod liver is kneaded with a fork in a separate container.
- Egg whites, yolks, cheese and potatoes are rubbed into different dishes.
- Greens must be cut very finely, leaving a couple of twigs for decoration.
- Start spreading the ingredients on a salad plate. First you need to put potatoes in a container, then cheese and cod liver. Layered salad with mayonnaise (sparsely).
- Put the squirrels on top, also greasing them with the sauce. Sprinkle Mimosa on top with egg yolks.
How to decorate Mimosa salad
The dish itself has an attractive appearance, but it will not be superfluous to decorate it in the original way before serving. There are many options for decorating Mimosa salad, we offer several of them:
- Branches of mimosa. To do this, use several branches of dill and grated yolks. Of these products, flower branches are formed.
- Gold fish. The salad must be laid out in the form of a fish, the scales of which will serve as the nickles of boiled carrots. Boiled eggs cut into circles will be eyes, and olives will be pupils. Salad leaves can be used to create tail and fins.
- Lilies Grated yolks cover the salad, the sides of the dish are sprinkled with plenty of chopped herbs. With the help of cheese plates, folded into small bags, lilies are formed. The stalks of flowers are onion feathers.