The uninterrupted functioning of the gastrointestinal tract is the key to good health and well-being. Judge for yourself: when a person eats properly, regularly goes to the toilet, he is not constrained by anything during the day, and work is in full swing. In the opposite case, especially when a condition such as constipation occurs, discomfort, heaviness, and bloating are felt. A mild laxative to cleanse the intestines will help solve this problem and make life full. Choose any means - industrial or folk, they are all effective.
Types of laxatives for cleansing the intestines of soft action
Soft drugs act very delicately. Means prevent constipation, they have a good effect even for patients who have had a heart attack, suffer from anal fissures, hemorrhoids, recently gave birth. Osmotic laxatives contribute to accelerated bowel cleansing. Medicines of this group increase the contents of the small and large intestine, due to which there is pressure on their walls, and the person feels the urge to defecate.
Pharmacy medicines are very convenient and for the most part safe, if you choose them correctly. Soft laxatives to cleanse the intestines provide a comfortable discharge of feces, which is not accompanied by unpleasant sensations. The drugs manifest themselves after 4-6 hours, but there are also laxatives of quick action - enemas with the active substance, suppositories. They can cleanse the intestines a third of an hour after their installation.
Fast acting tablets
Drugs that provide rapid bowel movement have a strong laxative effect. They act after 6-10 hours. Powerful laxatives:
- Bisacodyl. Adults should take 5 mg at bedtime first, in the absence of effect, increase the dose to 10-15 mg. Children under 6 years of age drink 1 tablet in the evening. The drug is contraindicated in acute gastrointestinal diseases, constipation in intestinal polyposis.
- Senade. Adults and children over 12 years of age are given 1 tablet of a laxative drug before bedtime, if necessary, increase the dose to 2-3 tablets. Children under 6 years old take 0.5 tablets, maximum 1-2. The dose should be increased gradually, every 2-3 days by 0.5 tablets. Contraindications: spastic constipation, restrained hernia, peritonitis, acute inflammatory processes, cystitis, intestinal obstruction, bleeding, disorders of water-electrolyte metabolism.
- Fitolaks. A fast-acting laxative with a natural composition that relaxes well. Adults take 2 tablets with food in the evening, maximum 4 tablets at a time. Duration of admission is 2 weeks. In case of intolerance to the components, bearing a child and lactation, the drug is prohibited.
These bowel cleansers are milder. Means have contraindications: intestinal obstruction, peritonitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, gastrointestinal bleeding, cystitis, metrorrhagia, pregnancy, in some cases, lactation. A small list of effective drugs:
- Weak Children from 10 years old and adults are prescribed 10-20 drops with a small volume of water. Children from 4 to 10 years old - 5-10 drops. The duration of continuous administration is not more than 10 days.
- Guttalax. The initial dose for adults is 10 drops. If constipation is persistent and severe, the number of drops increases to 30. For children over 4 years old, 5-10 drops are prescribed.
- Laxigal. Children over 10 years old and adults drink 12-24 drops, at the age of 4-10 years, 6-12 drops are prescribed.
An excellent result is provided by bowel cleansers, which are available in the form of syrups. Names of effective agents: prebiotic Dufalac, Lactusan, Prelax. Funds delicately act 24 hours after consumption. They have a useful property - they contribute to the growth of the desired microflora and inhibit the activity of pathogens. Drugs can be recommended as a mild laxative for every day.
The people call the drug magnesia, in the medical field - magnesium sulfate, magnesium hydroxide. Drugs (powders diluted with water, which are taken orally) act after 1-3 hours, and the intestines are rapidly released. Frequent use of magnesia leads to dehydration, and the process of bowel cleansing is accompanied by abdominal pain and uncomfortable bowel movements. rules
- A bag of 20 g of the active substance must be dissolved in a cup of warm water and taken on an empty stomach.
- For children from 6 to 12 years old, the dose of the powder is 5 g, from 12 to 18 years old - 10 g.
- Instructions for use do not prohibit giving magnesia to children under 6 years old, but they will not like this method of bowel movement. Soft laxative for children and, most importantly, safe for the young body - these are syrups, microclysters and suppositories.
You can get rid of constipation with the help of herbal preparations - extracts of algae, horse chestnut. Optimal remedies:
- Laminaride. The active ingredient in the drug is seaweed extract. The drug is taken for 1-2 tsp. after eating 1-3 times a day with a small volume of water at room temperature. With sensitivity to iodine preparations, severe pathologies of the liver, kidneys, blood and tuberculosis, pregnancy, lactation and menstruation, a bowel cleanser is prohibited.
- Kafiol. The drug is available in briquettes. In case of weak constipation, 0.5-1 briquette per reception is prescribed, with strong constipation - 1.5-2 briquettes divided into 2 doses. The maximum dose for a day is 6 briquettes. Take once or in a course of 10-14 days. Contraindications: intestinal inflammation, pregnancy.
- Reactive. Suppositories based on horse chestnut extract. It is necessary to introduce a suppository (50 or 100 mg) once a day for 5-15 minutes before defecation. The course of therapy is no more than a month.
Bowel Cleansing Powder
A popular remedy in this group is Fortrans. The drug is prescribed before examining the colon or surgical interventions. The powder can be used in patients over 15 years of age. The contents of one package should be dissolved in 1 liter of water. Dosage: for 15-20 kg of body weight, you need to drink 1 liter. The medicine is taken once on the eve of the intervention. You can divide the portion: drink the first part in the evening, the second - in the morning. 3-4 hours before the procedure, you need to finish taking the drug.
Soft laxatives for bowel cleansing - suppositories and suppositories. These safe drugs are made on the basis of oil. A mild laxative approved for pregnant and young mothers - Glycerin, Glycerax, Sea buckthorn oil. The drugs gently irritate the intestinal mucosa and stimulate its peristalsis. Also, candles help cure cracks in the anus, hemorrhoids. It is noted that drugs soften the masses and not so painfully remove fecal stones.
Folk laxatives for constipation
The best remedy is proper nutrition. There should be more laxative foods on the menu. These include fruits, vegetables, herbs, cereals. Bran occupies a special place, because they are rich in rough fiber. First, the product must be taken in 1 tsp. three times a day, then for 2 weeks to increase the amount to 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day. They must be brewed with boiling water, after 30 minutes, drain the water and add to the food. Do not forget to drink plenty of water.
Vegetable gives a good laxative effect. Beet juice also helps to increase intestinal motility. However, a special place among laxatives was won by the Metelka salad, or Brush. It will require three vegetables in equal proportions: white cabbage, beets, carrots. Celery will adorn this alliance and contribute. Chop cabbage and celery finely, grate carrots and beets on a fine grater. Salt and season the dish is not necessary. Take a salad throughout the day.
Herbal bowel cleansing at home
Natural remedies cope with constipation no worse than synthetic. Take note of 2 effective recipes:
- Flaxseed decoction. Pour 1 tsp. seeds with a glass of cold water, put the dishes on a slow fire. Cook for a quarter of an hour. Drink the resulting product warm at night.
- Buckthorn. To cleanse the intestines will need 1 tbsp. l dry matter. Buckthorn bark should be poured with a glass of water. Boil the mixture for a quarter of an hour over low heat. Then pour another 200 ml of boiled water into the broth. Drink 100 ml in the morning on an empty stomach and before bedtime.
Video about senna leaves for bowel cleansing
Kristina, 36 years old - I bought Fitolaks. It’s not at all a soft action! In the evening I chewed pills, and twisted me around 3 a.m. Then, all day, the intestines rinsed, and everything was accompanied by wild pains.
Eugene, 28 years old - I helped Hilak-forte, 2 glasses of water on an empty stomach every morning, morning run. And Lactusan, Dufalac, candles on glycerin - it's all one-time. The intestines should be awakened comprehensively and the problem of its lethargy should be eliminated.
Carolina, 33 years old -Magnesia ... I will not forget her. Vile taste, this time. Secondly, about 9 hours, my intestines worked as an established mechanism, so I do not need to drink a solution at night. Magnesium sulfate is highly dehydrating and is more suitable as an emergency rather than regular.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.