Why do all people, without exception, love stew? Because with its help, family and guests will be fed tasty and satisfying. Using stew and everything that was lying around in the refrigerator, resourceful housewives cook the same royal dinner. But to make the stew really tasty and healthy - you need to cook it at home. Stew in a slow cooker is the key to a perfectly prepared dish for future use. And no matter what meat is used: pork, chicken, rabbit, turkey or beef - the slow cooker will make anyone tasty.
How to cook stew in a slow cooker
A slow cooker will cook the most tender homemade stew, and if the apparatus is also a pressure cooker, the process will be quick. Choose any meat to your taste: beef, pork with veins or cartilage, add lamb, a couple of chicken thighs with skin and you get a stew - you lick your fingers! If you want an aristocratic option - no problem. Buy pork tenderloin and beef pulp, but in this case it is better to choose slices fatty: jelly in the stew is achieved after boiling fat. Pay particular attention to the quality of the cut. It should not be frozen, but only fresh.
For our dish we take 500 g of vein beef, mutton 300 g and 700 g of a fatty piece of pork. Cut everything into medium pieces, pepper, salt to taste, add a couple of bay leaves. Mix thoroughly, let it brew for about 40 minutes. You do not need to add water, because in the process of marinade, the tenderloin will give juice, which is enough for the dish. After 40 minutes on the multicooker, turn on the quenching mode for 2 hours and load everything into it. After the sound signal, we leave the pressure on the three, continuing to "languish" our stew for another hour and a half, then we put the finished product in banks.
Chicken stew in a slow cooker cooks even easier. Chicken in such a miraculous technique comes out tender and juicy. For this recipe we take gutted unfrozen chicken 4.5 kg, cut it into pieces. First, cut the carcass along in half, and then cut the ham from each part, divide it into the thigh and lower leg. Using a sharp cutting knife, we cut the neck into broth, and each piece is thoroughly washed under running water from dirt and gore. Then remove the skin from all pieces, wiping it dry with a paper towel.
Cut the flesh from the bones, but do not throw out the bones, they will also be needed for the broth. The capacity of the multicooker has the required volume for such an amount of meat, so we spread all the processed pieces, adding a small amount of water (100 ml). The chicken will give the rest of the liquid during cooking. The crock-pot is set for 4 hours stewing, but before the end of the program add black pepper, bay leaf, salt to taste, mix and leave to cook until the end. After the end of the regimen, we sterilize the jars, lay the finished chicken and tightly close the lid.
Homemade moose stew
Not many people have had to try moosecake, and those who have tried moose stew will definitely confirm that this dish is great. Be sure to try the moose’s meat, because it’s easy to cook a moose for the future at home, even if you are not distinguished by outstanding culinary abilities. If you follow the cooking technology correctly, then the multicooker will cook everything yourself. The taste of elk resembles beef, so it goes well with pasta, potatoes, pearl barley, buckwheat.
Prepare for stewing you need only pieces of meat without bones, peeled from the films, finely cut, as beef stroganoff. For one kilogram of moose fillet, you should buy 60 g of fat without fat, add 6 pcs. bay leaves and about 90 g of salt. For piquancy, add a mixture of hot peppers (10 g). Next, we cut the elk in thin pieces, beat off, because it is dry and rough. If the animal was more than 3 years old, then the meat should be soaked in white wine for about 8 hours.
Then the moosecake is laid out in the capacity of the multicooker, a little vegetable oil is added, then in the frying mode, fry it for several minutes to slightly crust, and then switch to the stewing mode, setting the multicooker for one and a half hours. After the end of the set program, the device should automatically switch to the mode of maintaining heat, therefore we leave the multicooker to work for several more hours, after which chopped onions, grated carrots and other vegetables are added to taste. Salmon moose, pepper, add any greens to taste.
The beef stew is the easiest to cook in a slow cooker. To do this, stock up on 2 kg of beef, then rinse the meat, dry with a kitchen towel, cut it, put it in the crock-pot. Beef is not fat, so it is better to add lard, approximately 100 g per kilogram of beef. We set the slow cooker to extinguish for 4 hours, leave the dish to cook.
When there is one hour before the end of time, the meat should be seasoned with spices, salt, add bay leaf and herbs, if you wish. After cooking, the stewed beef with the resulting fat is laid out in jars and put for a day where it is warm, and then stored in the cold. A stew prepared in such a way will be stored in the refrigerator without freezing for more than six months.
It is unlikely that anyone can refuse pork stew in a slow cooker. This is an exquisite delicacy and a great help to the hostess when there is no time to cook. Pork stew cooked at home is much healthier than any canned meat store where no ingredients are known. It is sometimes simply impossible to do without stewed meat for future use, especially if you need to urgently feed a few people and a can of stewed meat quickly turns into a whole pan of pasta in a navy style or delicious home-made borscht.
So, the recipe for classic pork stew:
- We take about three kilograms of meat, rinse under running water, clear of films, but do not soak. If you want to use a pork head, then it must first be soaked for 6 to 8 hours. Before cooking, it is better to dry the meat with a towel, because the less water gets into the slow cooker, the tastier the prepared stewed pork.
- After all the preparatory procedures, we cut the pork into small pieces, not more than a chicken egg, observing the proportion of fat content. If the meat mixture is fatty, then it will get a taste of fat, and when there is not enough fat, the stew will not turn out very tasty.
- We lay out the pieces, add spices, bay leaf and turn on the slow cooker for 4-6 hours (time depends on the density of pork). After cooking, the stew is best stored in unpressurized containers in the cold. Hermetically sealed pork stew must be autoclaved in order to maintain its food safety. In the photo, the use of autoclaving:
The meat is boiled and dispersed into individual fibers. Three kilograms of pork is expected to take 3-liter jars of stew. The slow cooker makes the stew juicy and tasty, the more the hostess is always sure that she feeds the family and guests with natural, high-quality products. Pork stew is stored in an unpressurized container for up to two months in a freezer.
We want to prepare stew in a slow cooker for the future, but in order for the meat to be stored for a long time, we need lard. For fatty pork, extra fat is not required, and for a diet rabbit you need to buy lard, because rabbit meat is light meat. In order to try the tender rabbit stew cooked in a slow cooker, we need:
- Rinse the rabbit carcass, cut the meat flesh.
- The towel-dried rabbit is cut into small pieces of about 2 cm and salted. Set the slow cooker to the frying mode, lay and fry the meat for several minutes, until it is covered with a golden brown.
- Pre-boil fat is not required. The multicooker bowl is laid in sliced pieces of fresh lard (100 g per kilogram of rabbit meat), several peas of black pepper are laid on top and a 4-hour stew program is set. After the end of the program, leave the dish for several hours in the mode of heating the multicooker so that the meat is finally cooked.
- We spread the stew in pre-sterilized jars, cover with ordinary plastic lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Find out even more rabbit cooking recipes at home.
Video recipe: stew in a multicooker pressure cooker for the winter
The crock-pot will cook us a delicious beef stew, and how to do it, you can watch the video: