After the food enters the body, it is processed into energy, which is used to maintain vital functions. It is customary to use calories to indicate the energy value of products, but if more are received than the person spends, they are stored "in reserve" in the form of a fat layer. For this reason, a person who wants to have a beautiful figure must burn the remains with the help of physical and mental activity. There are certain methods that help to achieve this goal effectively.
Exercise for burning calories
The modern lifestyle of a person is often associated with sedentary work (office, computer, communication with customers, etc.), so the body does not have enough physical activity. In this case, exercises for burning calories will help. This does not have to be training in the gym, even some of the usual activities (cleaning, walking) will help in this matter. Nevertheless, there are some types of load that have maximum efficiency.
You should understand the processes within the body that accelerate this process. Energy costs begin with increased activity, this is easier to achieve with the help of intense and prolonged loads, for example, running, exercise bike, football, dancing, etc. We are talking about cardiac loads, these are activities that accelerate the work of the heart, train the cardiovascular system. Popular options for these workouts are described below.
Riding a bike or exercise bike
One option for burning calories. You can ride a real bike on the street (which is better due to oxygen saturation of the body) or exercise on a stationary bike (all year round, alas, you won’t ride). It is important that the training should last at least 40 minutes, the optimal duration for activating the burning of energy is considered to be 60-75 minutes. To speed up the metabolism, it is necessary to maintain a speed of 20 km / h, in which case you will be able to achieve the following results:
- with a weight of 50 kg - 386 kcal;
- 60 kg - 463 kcal;
- 70 kg - 540 kcal;
- 80 kg - 617 kcal.
This is a mandatory type of activity for people with noticeable overweight. If such a person starts to run right away, then his muscles will not withstand the load, and additional pressure will be created on the joint, which will lead to pain, degenerative processes (in the worst case, arthritis). Then it will already be possible to stand on the treadmill and perform continuous cardio loads.
Strength training is suitable for those who want to not only burn calories, but also make the body fit, strong, slim. For this, classes with weights are held, exercises are performed on the abs, back, legs. It is important that during training a person does not take too long breaks between trips. This will help maintain the necessary intensity for burning calories. The following exercises are effective:
- bench press from the chest (barbell or dumbbell);
Running or walking
This is the first thing people do when they want to burn extra pounds. You can achieve weight loss if you run jogs at least 30 minutes a day at a speed of 12 km / h. During this period, you will get rid of 500 calories. If you cannot maintain such a pace of running, then you should increase the training time to 1 hour. You can conduct the lesson at any time convenient for you, there is no noticeable difference between morning runs and evening runs.
Advanced athletes can use interval running. The bottom line is that high-intensity running is replaced by a jog, for example:
- 1 minute run at maximum speed;
- then jog for 2 minutes;
- perform a high-intensity section again;
This is a sophisticated training method that only trained runners can handle. Scientific studies confirm that interval running helps to achieve weight loss much faster, instead of an hour of jogging, you perform 10-12 minutes in this rhythm and get the same result. You should start gradually, intense sections for 30-40 seconds, jogging for 2 minutes. Then gradually increase the first and shorten the second intervals.
You can achieve calorie burning in boxing, if you work at a high pace with a pear. This is also a type of intense, constant load on the cardiovascular system. Without preparation, a person will suffocate after 3-4 minutes of actively beating a shell, his hands will get tired. With different weight of a person, it will take a different amount of time to burn 500 calories, for example:
- 110 kg - 33 minutes;
- 100 kg - 36 minutes;
- 90 kg - 40 minutes;
- 80 kg - 44 minutes;
- 70 kg - 49 minutes;
- 60 kg - 57 minutes.
Calorie burning table for various physical activities
Almost any type of activity creates a burden for the human body, but the number of calories burned is different. Not everyone likes to run, so you can choose an alternative that will help you lose weight. The table below shows the activity options for different weight categories. The number of calories is indicated taking into account the completion of these actions for 60 minutes.
Kind of activity
For every kg of weight.
Run up the stairs (climb and descend)
Active walk with a child
Running 16 km / h
Without adjusting the diet to achieve weight loss will not work. The diet's goal is to reduce calorie intake, but at the same time preserve all the necessary minerals, vitamins, trace elements in food, in order to provide the body with all useful substances. There is a list of products that provide the desired effect, if necessary, burn calories. Among berries, fruits, the following options should be distinguished for these purposes:
- strawberries, blueberries, blueberries, raspberries, currants, lingonberries, cranberries - contain up to 50 kcal;
- lime, tangerines, oranges, lemons, grapefruits - up to 40 kcal;
- 1 slice of watermelon contains 20 kcal;
- apples, plums, mangoes, apricots will also help burn excess weight.
Vegetables are needed for the full functioning of the body. They contain useful substances, so they must be included in the diet. Use the following options:
- broccoli, all kinds of cabbage, radish, black radish, green peas, celery;
- spinach, beets, feathers, asparagus, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, garlic, onions, turnips, eggplant - these products contribute to weight loss and cleanse the body;
- mint, dill, cilantro, basil, parsley, lettuce, thyme, lemon balm, rosemary;
Another option on how to burn calories is to add spices to your dishes. The following options are suitable for these purposes:
Many weight loss diets recommend drinking green tea. The drink helps burn calories and does not irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa. It is recommended to drink more liquid: pure still water, freshly squeezed juices from the above fruits and vegetables. Be sure to increase the amount of protein that goes into building muscle tissue during a diet. Useful products include the following options:
- bird without fat elements;
- a fish;
- white meat.
You need to steam these dishes, if you cook soup, then eat without broth, only meat. Use a salad of vegetables with herbs as a side dish. To maintain the health of the intestinal microflora, you will need fermented milk products. You can eat:
- curd mass.
How to burn calories in everyday life
Everyday life is also a calorie burner, not as active as training in the gym and jogging, but any type of activity requires energy. This information can help to correctly calculate the necessary amount of activity per day in order to exceed calorie use over their consumption. Below is a list of common things that help you lose weight, the amount of calorie loss is indicated if you perform this action for an hour. To calculate your personal energy consumption, simply multiply the value of 1 kg by your weight:
Calories in 1 hour per 1 kg of weight
Walking down the street with a stroller
Useful Tips for Burning Calories
A person can lose weight not only during active physical activity. You can accelerate weight loss by changing some habits from everyday life. Modern devices simplify a person’s life, which leads to laziness and the lack of necessary loads for burning extra kilocalories. Lose weight faster if you adhere to the following simple rules:
- Walk a few stops. If your work is not connected with hard physical work, where the energy consumption is already so large, it goes 2-3 stops earlier than the house and walk along the street. While walking, you accelerate blood flow and metabolism, fresh air favorably affects this process.
- Refuse food in front of the TV. The picture on the screen distracts you and the person eats more than necessary. If you want to switch the channel, do not be lazy to get up and do it with your hands, do not use the remote control. Each such rise leads to energy costs, which is what you need.
- While talking on the phone do not sit still, walk around the apartment, office to disperse blood and make the muscles work.
- If you have air conditioning, keep your room cool at any time of the year. This will cause the body to produce more heat for warming, which will increase the cost of internal energy. This is a trifle, which, together with all the points above, will provide a quick result.
- Walk up the stairs more often. Refuse to use the elevator, ascent and descent up the stairs makes the body waste a lot of calories. The calf muscles, hips, buttocks are well strengthened. This type of movement is included in the list of the most effective ways to reduce weight.
- Clear-out is a way to combine business with pleasure. As a result, you get a clean apartment and weight loss from such activity.
- Eat often, but in small portions - this is the basis of diet food for weight loss.