Inflammation of the prostate gland, in addition to discomfort, brings a man many other problems. The most dangerous of them are considered complications of the ailment up to the development of cancer, problems with potency or infertility. For this reason, it is important to choose the most effective remedy for prostatitis. To do this, you need to study all the groups of drugs that the doctor prescribes. Drugs help eliminate inflammation, relieve pain, overcome bacterial infection and its consequences. In each group of drugs, especially fast-acting ones are distinguished.
What is prostatitis
In medicine, this urological disease is defined as inflammation of the prostate gland in men as a result of exposure to pathogens or pathological processes caused by stagnation in the pelvic area. Bacteria are able to enter the body during genitourinary infection, including sexually transmitted infections. Another variant of infection is from other foci of inflammation through lymph or blood. Depending on the cause and choose fast-acting drugs for prostatitis.
Dangerous sources of infection are bronchitis, tonsillitis, dental diseases. The diagnosis of prostatitis is often made to patients whose life is closely related to such provoking factors as:
- frequent constipation;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- weakened immunity;
- irregular sex life;
- hormonal disorders.
A common cause of non-infectious prostatitis is an inactive lifestyle. It leads to congestion in the pelvis, which are harmful to men. Abstinence, poor circulation and urinary retention cause pathological changes in the tissues of the prostate. Inflammation of the organ can proceed acutely or go into the chronic stage. In the first case, the following symptoms occur:
- purulent discharge from the urethra;
- difficulty urinating;
- inguinal pains.
The chronic form is characterized by less severe symptoms. During an exacerbation, they can intensify, and then subside again, without causing particular discomfort. The following symptoms indicate chronic inflammation of the prostate:
- painful erection;
- discomfort during ejaculation;
- drawing pain radiating to the pelvis and sacral region;
- burning and discomfort when urinating.
Preparations for the treatment of prostatitis in men
Fast-acting drugs for prostatitis differ not only in the principle of action, but also in the form of release. Each of them in a certain way affects the body and has its own level of effectiveness, depending on the method of application. So, the best tool can be selected from the following categories:
- Candles Also called suppositories. Their effectiveness is due to the fact that they act in close proximity to the focus of inflammation. Useful are Vitaprost, Papaverine.
- Pills and capsules. The classic form of medications that help cure prostate inflammation. Capsules and tablets are taken orally in order to relieve pain, eliminate bacterial infections.
- Solutions for injection. This includes injections and droppers. Due to intramuscular or intravenous administration, medicinal substances penetrate the body faster. For this reason, injections and infusions are used for severe intoxication. Among the commonly used injectable solutions are Prostatilen and Timalin.
- Microclysters. Rather, these are procedures that involve the introduction of a medicinal solution into the rectum with a small pear. As solutions for microclysters, a decoction of chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort or motherwort is used. Peach, sunflower and sea buckthorn oils are also useful.
With prostatitis, etiotropic therapy is used, prescribed depending on the cause of the disease. In most patients, bacteria provoke this disease, so the treatment regimen involves the use of antibiotics. In addition to etiotropic, all men are prescribed symptomatic therapy to relieve certain signs of the disease: inflammation, pain during urination, cramps, blood clots, weakened immunity. The following categories of drugs help eliminate the cause of prostatitis and its symptoms:
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics (write about fluoroquinolones, penicillin and tetracycline groups, macrolides). Drugs in this group act on bacteria that provoke inflammation of the prostate gland. Fluoroquinolone antibiotics such as Levofloxacin and Ofloxacin are considered the first line of choice. Due to the development of photosensitization in some patients, a decrease in glucose and heart rhythm disturbances, penicillins (Flemoxin Solutab, Amoxicillin), macrolides (Azithromycin, Sumamed), cephalosporins (Kefzol, Cefazolin) and tetracyclines (Oxytetracycline, Mino) are prescribed instead of these drugs.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. These fast-acting prostatitis medicines reduce the effect of androgens on the prostate. This property is especially necessary for prostate adenoma. It is possessed by the substances finasteride and dutasteride, on which Avodart, Alfinal are based.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They help reduce the inflammatory process, lower the temperature, and eliminate pain. Known in this category are Ibuprofen, Nise, Nimesil.
- Rectal suppositories. An antibiotic for prostatitis is also prescribed in the form of suppositories, for example, Rifampicin and Vitaprost Plus. Symptoms of the disease help to treat anti-inflammatory (Voltaren, Diclofenac) used for prophylaxis (Diclovit, Longidaza) and suppositories with anesthetic (Suppositories with propolis, Indomethacin).
- Alpha blockers. Eliminate pain due to relaxation of the smooth muscles of the urethra and bladder neck. Such an action is provided by Silodozin, Tamsulosin.
- Muscle relaxants. Otherwise called myotropic antispasmodics. Such drugs as No-shpa and Midokalm reduce the tone and motor activity of the smooth muscles of internal organs.
- Means for improving blood circulation. Stagnation in the pelvis is prevented by Trental and Cavinton.
- Herbal preparations and vitamins. They are necessary for the general strengthening of immunity and the body. For this purpose, Kombilipen injections, pumpkin seed oil, and Fitadiol suppositories are used.
The best cure for fast-acting prostatitis
The treatment of prostatitis is complex. The combination of several high-speed drugs provides higher therapy efficacy. Medicines act immediately on several mechanisms of the development of the disease, eliminating both the cause and unpleasant symptoms. The rating of modern cheap and expensive fast-acting medicines for prostatitis is presented in the table along with examples of prices at which medicines can be ordered and bought in online pharmacies:
The name of the drug
Mechanism of action
Cost without delivery, rubles
30 or 60 tablets in blister packs
It has angioprotective and venotonic effects, reduces venostasis, capillary permeability and venous extensibility. Improves lymphatic drainage, improves microcirculation.
1500 - 30 pcs.;
2800 - 60 pcs.
Capsules, solid, with a green cap and a light yellow body.
Increases the stability of capillary walls, improves microcirculation, stabilizes venous blood flow. Reduces pain by blocking mediators of inflammation and pain.
577 - 30 capsules.
The capsules are oval, black-red, in a gelatinous shell.
Regulates the production of androgens, has an anti-inflammatory effect. In the prostate gland reduces exudative processes.
696 - 30 pcs.;
1297 - 60 pcs.
Injections, rectal suppositories
It has a specific, organotropic effect on the prostate. Reduces leukocyte glandular organ infiltration and swelling.
300 - 5 suppositories;
594 - 10 suppositories;
351 - 5 ampoules of 5 ml.
It inhibits the synthesis and slows down the growth of bacteria. Effective against streptococci, anaerobic microorganisms, gram-positive and gram-negative strains.
300 - 6 capsules 250 mg;
297 - 3 capsules 500 mg.
Rectal suppositories, pills.
Reduces puffiness, normalizes the secretory function of epithelial cells, increases the number of lecithin grains in the secret of acini. The result is reduced thrombosis and the appearance of venules in the prostate.
908 - 10 suppositories 10 mg;
1197 - 10 tablets.
Reduces the frequency of acute urinary retention, reduces intraprostatic and circulating DHT. Provides regression of prostate volume, increases urine flow rate.
418 - 30 pcs.
Reduce inflammation and swelling of the prostate gland. It brings the organ to a normal functional state, positively affects urodynamics.
449 - 100 pcs.
Soft gelatin capsules are tan.
It has hepatoprotective, antiulcer and choleretic actions. Eliminates inflammation, exhibits anthelmintic activity.
1990 - 100 capsules.
Powder for solution for infusion and injection.
Suppresses the synthesis of bacterial cell wall. Effective against gram (+) aerobes, gram (-) aerobes and anaerobes.
25 - 1 g of powder;
38 - 2 g.
Lyophilisate for infusion, capsule.
In low concentrations, it has a bactericidal effect against microbacteria of tuberculosis, chlamydia, legionella, rickettsia.
164 - 100 pcs.;
185 - 10 ampoules.
Drops, gel, suppositories, ointment, tablets.
Suppresses the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, prevents platelet aggregation. It has antipyretic and analgesic effects.
240 - gel 100 g;
37 to 20 tablets.
They have anti-inflammatory, hemostatic and reparative effects. Helps relieve pain with prostatitis.
502 - 10 suppositories 250 mg.
It exhibits anti-inflammatory and hemostatic properties. Together with phenylephrine hydrochloride heals wounds with hemorrhoidal injuries.
306 - cream 10 g;
477 - 12 candles.
Candles with propolis
It exhibits antimicrobial, antitoxic, anti-inflammatory activity. Effective against viral prostatitis. Additionally it has local anesthetic and antibiotic enhancing properties.
210 - 6 candles;
295 - 10 candles;
420 - 15 candles.
Modified Release Capsules
Tamsulosin in the composition blocks alpha1-adrenergic receptors, thereby reducing the muscle tone of the prostate. It alleviates the symptoms of bladder filling and emptying.
333 - 10 pcs.;
1666 - 30 pcs.
This effective prostatitis medicine is based on a combination of hesperidin and diosmin. The combination of these substances reduces the interaction of endothelium and white blood cells and the adhesion of the latter in postcapillary venules. As a result, the severity of the damaging effect of inflammatory mediators on the venous walls and valve flaps decreases. Brief instructions for use:
- How to use: the recommended dose is 2 tablets of 500 g daily. How long the treatment will be, the urologist must determine.
- The speed of relieving pain: in the blood, the drug is detected after 2 hours, then its effect begins.
- Side effects: neurovegetative disorders, dyspeptic disorders, disorders of the subcutaneous tissue and skin, Quincke's edema.
- Contraindications: intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Pros: no impact on driving.
- Cons: often causes side effects from the digestive system.
The drug Ginkor forte as an active ingredient contains Gingko biloba extract, giptaminol hydrochloride and troxerutin. Substances block lysosomal enzymes, free radicals, mediators of pain and inflammation. As a result, there is a decrease in inflammatory processes and prevention of degeneration of collagen fibers. Indication for the use of Ginkor forte is a violation of venous circulation. To use the tool correctly, it is necessary to study its main characteristics:
- Instructions: 2 capsules per day for 30 days.
- The speed of pain relief: after 2 weeks, the veins begin to go away, swelling and pain are eliminated.
- Adverse reactions: allergy.
- Contraindications: hyperthyroidism, children under 18 years of age.
- Advantages: low price, high-speed components, a minimum of adverse reactions.
- Disadvantages: can not be combined with MAO inhibitors, prohibited with high blood pressure.
The medicine is a herbal preparation based on the finely sawed Sabal fruit extract. The action of this substance is to inhibit the formation of protglantins, which provoke inflammation of the prostate gland. Additionally, Prostamol UNO inhibits 5-alpha reductase, which increases the size of the inflamed organ. To increase the effectiveness of using this fast-acting medicine, it is worth studying the brief instructions to it:
- Instructions: take 320 mg once a day for 2-3 months.
- The speed of pain relief: the maximum concentration is observed 1.5 hours after administration, but the positive effect begins to manifest itself after 2 months.
- Adverse reactions: stomach pain, skin reactions in the form of a thin, urticaria and rashes.
- Contraindications: drug allergy.
- Advantages: the natural basis of the drug, does not negatively affect an erection, strengthens local and general immunity.
- Disadvantages: the possibility of individual intolerance to the drug.
The anti-inflammatory effect of Prostatilen is due to the presence of a component of the same name. Similar fast-acting drugs for prostatitis are a complex of peptides obtained from prostate tissue of mature cattle. The drug acts on the vascular bed, improving microcirculation and facilitating the plasma and platelet components of hemostasis.
As a result of taking Prostatilen, it is possible to eliminate blood stasis in the pelvic organs that arose as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. A brief instruction on the use of Prostatilen will help to achieve this effect:
- How to use: intramuscularly at 5-10 mg daily for 5-10 days or 1 suppository twice a day.
- Efficiency: by the end of the course of treatment, the symptoms of inflammation subside, the pain disappears after the first application.
- Side effects: blurred vision, headache, dizziness, nausea, creatinuria, weakness, hemorrhages of different sections of the gastrointestinal tract, allergy, decreased blood coagulation, and liver enlargement.
- Contraindications: cardiosclerosis, myocardial infarction, renal failure, hereditary and acquired intolerance, individual sensitivity.
- Pros: it contains zinc, which prevents the development of neoplasms.
- Cons: many side effects.
The basis of the drug Azithrox is azithromycin dihydrate. The antibiotic belongs to the group of azalides. The tool is active against extracellular and intracellular pathogens. The correct use of the drug is carried out taking into account the instructions for it:
- How to use: 1 capsule 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals, course duration - 3-5 days.
- Efficiency: in the body persists for 5-7 days, absorption in the digestive tract occurs 2.5-3 hours after administration.
- Side effects: allergies, fungal infections, digestive system abnormalities.
- Contraindications: high sensitivity to macrolides, age less than 12 years, liver and kidney diseases.
- Pros: high-speed components, ease of administration, short duration of treatment, pleasant taste.
- Cons: often a manifestation of side effects.
Suppositories and Vitaprost tablets are based on an extract of the prostate, therefore, are considered drugs of animal origin. Both forms of release have prostatotropic and anti-inflammatory effects. The drug enhances microcirculation in the tissues of the prostate. The effectiveness of this high-speed drug is ensured by the use of strictly according to the instructions:
- Dosage: drink 1 tablet twice a day for at least 2 weeks or administer 1 suppository after defecation for 10 days.
- Efficiency: the condition improves after 24 hours.
- Side effects: allergic reactions, including swelling, redness, itching.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the composition.
- Pros: effect directly on the focus of inflammation, increased effectiveness of antibiotics, ease of use.
- Cons: not in every situation you can use candles, before using them you need to empty the intestines, and after the introduction you need to lie down for another 30-40 minutes.
Based on finasteride, a specific type II 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. It is an intracellular enzyme that converts testosterone to the more active androgen, dihydrotestosterone. An enlargement of the prostate gland depends on this process. Brief instructions for use Prostan:
- How to take: 1 tablet daily with meals, the duration of treatment is determined individually.
- Efficacy: begins to act 1-2 hours after administration.
- Side effects: decreased libido, increased heart rate, testicular pain, itching, urticaria, and Quincke's edema.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity.
- Pros: reduces the risk of urinary retention, improves its outflow, reduces the size of an enlarged prostate.
- Cons: To evaluate the effectiveness of treatment, a six-month intake of the drug is required.
Effective tablets for prostatitis Afala includes 0.003 g of antibodies to the prostate-specific antigen (PSA). This substance has a protein nature. It is produced in the cells of the prostate. The action of PSA is to thin the seminal fluid, reduce the volume of residual urine and improve the tone of the urinary tract of the lower sections. The fast-acting medicine Afal for prostatitis is taken clearly according to the instructions, so that the effectiveness of treatment is at a higher level. Rules for using these pills:
- Dosage: 2 tablets at a time, dissolving until completely dissolved, in a course of up to 16 weeks.
- Speed: the effect manifests itself 2-3 weeks after the start of treatment.
- Side effects: vomiting, nausea, indigestion.
- Contraindications: malabsorption syndrome, congenital galactosemia, hypersensitivity, congenital lactazan deficiency.
- Pros: can be used in combination with other drugs against benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Cons: a homeopathic remedy, therefore, pharmacokinetic studies are technically impossible.
This is a herbal preparation based on biological active substances obtained from pumpkin, such as flavonoids, carotenoids, phospholipids, phosphatides, sterols, tocopherols. These components reduce the proliferation of prostate cells, reducing inflammation in it. The use of the drug itself is carried out as part of the following brief instructions:
- Dosage: 1 capsule for 3 months.
- Speed: judging by the reviews, the effectiveness begins to appear after 2-3 weeks of treatment.
- Side effects: mild burping, diarrhea.
- Contraindications: not established.
- Pros: well tolerated, rarely causes negative reactions.
- Cons: the effectiveness of the drug is observed after six months of administration.
Fast-acting antibiotic-class prostatitis medications are on a wide list. One of them is a drug from the class of cephalosporins, which inhibits the synthesis of bacterial cell walls. The medicine has a wide spectrum of action against most strains of bacteria. The active component of the composition is the same substance - ceftriaxone. Antibiotics are considered serious drugs, so they must be taken strictly according to the indications and taking into account the instructions. In Ceftriaxon, it looks like this:
- How to take: dosage is determined solely by the doctor.
- Efficiency: the maximum concentration is observed at the end of the infusion, and when administered intramuscularly - after 2-3 hours.
- Side effects: represented by a large list, which is better specified in the detailed instructions for the drug.
- Contraindications: renal or liver failure, enteritis, colitis.
- Pros: a wide range of antibacterial activity.
- Cons: a large list of possible adverse reactions.
The medicine is named for the active component in the composition, it belongs to the category of semi-synthetic antibiotics. The effect of the drug is due to the suppression of RNA polymerase of microorganisms. The main nuances of using Rifampicin:
- Dosage: on an empty stomach, half an hour before meals, 10 mg / kg every 24 hours, intravenously - daily, 600 mg.
- Side effects: erosive gastritis, vomiting, impaired appetite, disorientation, decreased visual acuity, ataxia, headache.
- Contraindications: infectious hepatitis, cardiopulmonary insufficiency, renal pathology, rifampicin intolerance, jaundice.
- Advantages: no cross-resistance with other antibacterial agents is not recorded.
- Disadvantages: with monotherapy, there is a rapid development of the selection of microorganisms for an antibiotic.
A fast-acting drug for prostatitis Diclofenac is named for the active component. The product has analgesic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory effects. The use of Diclofenac according to the instructions strictly helps to ensure these effects:
- Dosage: 50-150 mg daily, divided into 2-3 doses.
- Side effects: dyspepsia, erosion and ulcers of the digestive canal, bleeding in the stomach and intestines, perforation of the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, drowsiness, irritability.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity, aspirin asthma, inflammatory pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, functional failure of the kidneys, heart and liver.
- Pros: does not pass through the liver and almost immediately enters the prostate.
- Cons: while eating, absorption slows down by 1-4 hours.
The medicine is represented by suppositories based on sodium alginate. Suppositories have anti-inflammatory, reparative and hemostatic effects. Their use is carried out taking into account the following main characteristics and recommendations for the medication:
- How to use: rectally by introducing into the rectum 1 suppository twice a day after emptying or enema.
- Efficiency: judging by the reviews, a fast-acting drug relieves pain on day 4 of use.
- Adverse reactions: urticaria, peeling of the skin, itching.
- Contraindications: particular sensitivity to the components.
- Pros: natural composition, harmlessness.
- Cons: unpleasant odor.
Fast-acting prostatitis medicines called Relief have the same composition. Ointment and suppositories are based on phenylephrine hydrochloride. This substance is actively used by proctologists to provide local anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictor actions. Relief is used based on its brief instructions:
- How to use: 4 times a day for 1 candle or a small amount of cream.
- Adverse reactions: allergy.
- Contraindications: thromboembolism, granulocytopenia, hypertension, hypothyroidism, diabetes mellitus, hypertrophy.
- Pros: negative reactions are extremely rare.
- Cons: phenylephrine contributes to the development of hypertensive crisis, so it can not be used together with antihypertensive drugs.
Candles with propolis
The vast majority of propolis suppositories contain only this active ingredient, often mixed with cocoa butter. suppositories have a regional effect on the entire small pelvis. Candles act as follows:
- inhibit the reproduction of bacteria, fungi and trichomonads;
- relieve inflammation;
- enhance the effectiveness of high-speed antibacterial drugs for prostatitis.
It is necessary to apply daily for 1 suppository 3 times, introducing into the rectum. Suppositories with propolis are contraindicated in case of individual hypersensitivity. After the introduction of a candle, allergy may develop. A plus is the natural composition of suppositories, and a minus is the frequent manifestation of hypersensitivity to the components of rectal suppositories.
One Omnic capsule contains 400 micrograms of tamsulosin - a substance that blocks alpha-adrenergic receptors. The result is relaxation of the muscles of the prostate, bladder and prostatic urethra. With prostate adenoma, the medication eliminates detrusor hyperactivity. This alleviates the symptoms of filling and emptying the bladder. Brief instructions for using Omnic:
- Dosage: immediately after breakfast, 400 mcg daily.
- Efficacy: the action of the tablets lasts for 24 hours.
- Side effects: headaches, dizziness, retrograde ejaculation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, asthenia, tachycardia.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity, liver failure, orthostatic hypotension.
- Advantages: dose adjustment is not required for liver or kidney pathologies, almost 100% bioavailability.
- Disadvantages: signs of allergy after administration are relatively dense.
Vladislav, 36 years old I never thought that I would face this disease at my age, but after the pain during urination became constant, I decided to see a doctor. Ceftriaxone and propolis suppositories have been prescribed to me. The treatment helped, but after the antibiotic there were problems with the stomach, so I had to recover with probiotics.
Nikolay, 51 years old Vitaprost was prescribed to me after antibiotic therapy. With this remedy, I treated the symptoms remaining after the infection. The pain began to torment less on the third day. The drug is inexpensive, which was important to me. The only negative - after the introduction of the candle for several minutes, a burning sensation is felt, but then it passes.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.